Thursday, February 7, 2013

Christmas 2012 Written letter to Parents

 

2012_12_25 Letter from Fred to Parents


Dear Parents, I just finished talking to you a few hours ago, and have been thinking since. I am writing this on the special paper, though in the process, I remember that Mom could just punch holes in something else I send. Oh well. It was very special to talk to you. I don't know if I am able or was able to communicate even an infinitesimally smallest part of the feelings I go through from over-thinking to some dullness of thought at times.

You said a lot about the promptings of the Holy Spirit, which is a really hard thing for me to do. The last few hours, I do believe that I have felt the Spirit bringing peace to my heart, especially as I thought that I would end our conversation in agitation due to my self- perceived lacks. I must confess that this is generally how I see the Spirit working in making sure that I'm generally happy and have been so a lot of the mission, and to witness to me when I bear testimony. I don't feel like I've frequently or much at all been prompted to talk to someone or say something a certain way, or go anywhere specifically which does make me feel like I'm not trying hard enough, which then frustrates me because I'm so self - critical. I do believe that my faith has grown, enough, and I have the feeling that I may yet again see a leap in the progress of any kind that I've made. One realization is that this moment is eternity right now, and that in writing to you I have been trying to give you a bit more of my time and thus, my life. Does that mean anything?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Tho' e're past when this missive received, I want you to know that I love you from all my heart and that I'm doing something apart from you so that being a part of you and this family will be even more significant. Thus, I bear my testimony that I know that Jesus Christ lives and that through Him, we are enabled to live together, not just now, but for all eternity. This I know, dear parents. Do you want it to be true? Because I do, and I want to give my all to show that I know in whom I have well trusted.
In love, your son,Elder Frederick Andreas Luschin von Ebengreuth (FALVE)


Christmas Skype call to Fred at a members
Home in Brazil.


Dad (Hanno Luschin, Christoph and Franziska are part of the Christmas Skype call! )


p.s. Talk to you soon (ish) omega alpha

No comments:

Post a Comment