Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Week 7


2012_09_11

Dear Family,

I hope all of you are doing well, as I certainly am here at the CTM. Hard to believe, but I have less than two weeks remaining. I'm excited to go, though anxious about speaking Portuguese, though in reality it wouldn't improve much by just staying here. That is one thing that I have a question about: I feel like my comprehension of other speakers of a foreign language has always been less than my ability to speak; i.e. in Russian, I could say what I wanted with a pretty good accent, but I didn't necessarily understand what native speakers had to say. Same thing with Portuguese, but I'm sure it'll get better as I speak more and more with others who can.

We're leaving on the 25th of September, just a few days after my birthday.

Thank you for your lovely emails, Dad, as I very much appreciate them. Most of the scriptures that you share have been ones that I've already memorized. While here, I've memorized about 40 somewhat scriptures or passages. I have to say though that I need to find more balance with the usage of my time, because my scripture reading proper as well as my PMG (Preach my Gospel) study has not been doing particularly well. Much to my general consternation, I have not been reading either the B of M or PMG in Portuguese, which I know is hurting me.

Nevertheless, this last week we had President Massagardi from the Area Presidency come and speak with us this last Tuesday devotional. He was the man who was in Rome this summer. He talked about how we should baptize even the rich.

On this sad day, (Sept. 11 because of 9/11) after having been to the Temple, I remember that there is so much more purpose to our lives than we would sometimes have it. Hence, I want to conduct myself with all regal manner that I can, according to a servant of God.

Love,

Elder Luschin

No comments:

Post a Comment