Monday, September 10, 2012

Week 6


2012_09_04_Elder Luschin

Hi Everybody,

September is here. In other words, the third month of my mission. What a surprise. Birthday wishes go out to the September people, especially Morgan Steinagel.

Christoph's novel is certainly going to take me my whole mission to get through, so thank you especially for that. I don't think I need anything for my birthday, especially since I'll be able to buy things a few days later in the field, so that's fine. We're leaving Tuesday, the 25th, exactly three weeks from now. Which raises questions about preparedness, as I really don't think I'm prepared. Nonetheless, I don't think I could learn any more here by staying longer, so that's fine indeed.  I think our District could have been working harder to speak the language that much better.

I'm just biding my time and learning everything I can by myself.  Portuguese is going well. In reality, it is a simple language with rather simple grammar that is very similiar to French or Spanish, and so I haven't had a hard time figuring that out.

Estou animado para ficar no CTM, embora eu preciso aprender mais rapido.

This last week I've learned yet more again about teaching with the Spirit and being enthusiastic with investigators. For Brazilians, it's really important that you focus on how you say something rather than what you say. Animation and elan are the key-words, I guess.

A thought from my journal, after going to the temple today:

"In short, I wish to be a Man, with a capital letter. Not to be pretentious, but to give reverence to the Father of our spirits (Hebrews 12:9) desiring to grow in grace and wisdom for all eternity. Sobriety of the senses, for the edification of the soul."

How grateful I am that the mission gives me the opportunity every day to do something uncomfortable and grow from it. I'm happy to be leaving the CTM soon.

Thank you everybody for your lovely letters and messages. I hope to be able to respond to them in time, or there may be a letter coming in response.

Love, Elder Luschin


No comments:

Post a Comment